ROCKS ARE EVERYWHERE
The crust of the earth is rock.
The earth is 4 and a half million years old.
Mountains rise. Seas dry out. Continents move. Wind blows.
Rocks tumble. Streams carry. Earthquakes happen. Volcanoes erupt.
Rocks get buried. Rocks get pressed. Rocks get hot.
- What are the 3 types/categories of rocks? CLASSIFICATIONS
- How are they different from each other?
- Can you give examples of each rock in the 3 classifications?
- What are the properties of rocks? PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
- What is a rock? DEFINITION
- What is a mineral? DEFINITION
Play Kahoot game to see what you know. Students go kahoot.it
GAME 1 — overview of Rocks
teacher go : https://create.kahoot.it/share/rock-my-world/66192a20-a64e-45aa-bbd3-bd6a2b833498
GAME 2 – how to research rocks
teacher go to: https://create.kahoot.it/share/research-rocks/b60897d8-30a2-4601-a218-70d956f54768
“Sisyphus was, in fact, like Autolycus and Prometheus, a widely popular figure of folklore—the trickster, or master thief. Clearly, he is everlastingly punished in Hades as the penalty for cheating Death; but why he is set to roll a great stone incessantly is a puzzle to which no convincing answer has yet been given. It appears to belong with other Greek imaginings of the world of the dead as the scene of fruitless labours.”
- Contributor:The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica
- Article Title:Sisyphus
- Website Name:Encyclopædia Britannica
- Publisher:Encyclopædia Britannica, inc.
- Date Published:September 05, 2019
- Access Date:January 06, 2020
Next lesson choose a rock type and make your own google slide with facts, properties, definitions, examples and questions
Standard 4.E.6.1 ; Identify the three categories of rocks: Igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic!