About

The Book Trailers For Readers Blog was created to help students interact with others about the Sunshine State Young Reader Award Books that the state of Florida promotes.

Any one is welcome to comment.
If you want to see more trailers go to Book Trailers For Readers.

Michelle Harclerode

• Teacher Librarian: Diplomat Elementary School
  • MLIS from the University of South Florida
  • 2010 Lee County Elementary Media Specialist of the Year
  • Storyweaver, Digital Trailblazer and Media Specialist 2.0
  • Wiki creator of Book Trailers For Readers
  • Professional Book Trailer creator
  • MH Media Productions a division of Book Trailers for Readers

Philosophy

“School Library Media Centers are not just the cornerstone of a school but a portal to the world. Even the youngest students can be guided through the world wind of information and acquire the tools of digital literacy.”

More

8 comments on “About
  1. I just finished all 15 today.

2. Nancy says:

Hi Michelle-
    I’m a TL in Canada, and am going to tackle book trailers with most of my school this fall. I just wanted to double check with you that there is no problem using the actual cover of the book in the trailer; I want to teach my students about copyright, and would like to be able to explain to them why it’s okay to use the book cover.
    Thanks for sharing your expertise and effort!

3. Yes – I am currently creating them first on my site book trailers for readers. Then I link the trailer to my blog site as well. Hope to finish them all by early September. I only do the elementary ones.

4. Darlene Wagner says:

Will you publish links to the SSYRA book trailers for 2014-15 by any chance? Thank you!

5. Lee Ann Marona says:

Hi Michelle, I’m a media specialist in Pensacola, and I want to thank you for taking the time to read the SSYRA books, create the videos, and share the SSYRA book trailers. The trailers were such a great intro for this year’s SSYRA program, and they got my students very excited about reading the books. Having all the trailers in one easy to view and easy to link spot, on password-protected Edmodo, was so helpful, and I again, I appreciate your willingness to share your content. http://bems-ecsd-fl.schoolloop.com/cms/page_view?d=x&piid=&vpid=1307351514891

6. Natalie from Diplomat says:

Hey Ms.H I am thankful I came here to meet you and other people I love to read and I love books please teach more lessons for the library.

7. Thanks for the nice words. Yes we own 2 Vizslas. The bigger one Kafka is a rescue V and Frida the girl is our little champion — she has her Grand Championship. At home, I have a professional grade Adobe Creative Cloud and used Adobe After Effects which has a puppet master tool to help animate. It was fun. Hopefully I will do the same for our new Sunshine State Readers and work on it this summer. I am actually writing a children’s book where the Frida and Kafka teleport and transform [ Kafka’s Metamorphosis] into human characters that solve a mystery looming in Fairy Tale Forest[Traditional Literature]. I am just starting in it so will see how it works out. My big goal would be they travel into different genre’s of literature meeting various characters along the way. All the best.

8. Pam Gannon says:

I am a retired media specialist in LIncoln NE and teaching a YA Lit course at UNO this spring. As I was looking for book trailers to show my students, I saw your book trailer with the Vizslas! As an owner of a 3rd Vizsla, I loved seeing a Vizsla get face time instead of another Weimaraner! I’d love to know sometime how you were able to animate their speaking. What Fun! Excellent site that I will share with my students and other teachers.